LTA Assistant – £250 (including VAT)
This enhanced two day qualification (available from 1 July 2021) is ideal for tennis parents, enthusiasts, or keen players looking for the knowledge and skills to support group coaching sessions, alongside a lead Coach.
Learning outcomes include:
- Communication, organisation and differentiation skills for group coaching
- Basic tactical, technical, physical and mental development frameworks
- Other key assistant skills; from safeguarding to LTA Youth delivery.
LTA Assistants will be trained to assist a lead Coach at any venue. The course is designed so that sessions run by a lead Coach can be run with higher group numbers, or a session with the same group numbers can be run with higher quality. The course learning outcomes are delivered in the context of beginner level, 10 and under coaching. However, the course covers basic knowledge and skills that are applicable for any age of player and any level of player.
Course duration and structure
There are two separate components to LTA Qualifications; Training and Assessment.
Training: The LTA Assistant course consists of two days of face-to-face training time, which are separated by a minimum of 3 weeks (to provide time for 4 hours’ work experience & course work-completion).
Assessment: Final assessments are conducted during a real-life lesson of your choice, at a tennis venue of your choice. Assessments are recorded by you (using smartphone equipment) and then submitted virtually by video upload. The exact procedure for this is explained as part of the course.
Our courses have pre-requisites to ensure that the course is right for you. For the LTA Assistant, these are:
- Be 16 years old on or before the first day of the course
- Have a signed ‘letter of deployment’ from the venue where you have your 4 hours’ work-experience organised. If you need support with this please contact UCoach at: email@example.com
- Candidates must fully complete both training days and all coursework tasks before they can book their final assessment.
How to book
- Qualification Training is booked (and paid) via UCoach (an LTA Coach Development Centre)
- Qualification Assessment is booked (and paid) via the LTA directly.
Reasonable adjustments are available and encompass any arrangements made prior to the delivery of a qualification, course, or workshop. Reasonable adjustments are required to be authorised by 1st4sport and the LTA. Please contact the Coach Development Centre at the time of booking.