LTA Level 3 – £950 (including VAT)
On successful completion of the Coach Qualification candidates should be able to:
- Motivate and inspire people to play tennis
- Organise relevant competitions
- Understand the competitive structure in the UK
- Effectively use the coaching process and its integral parts to improve player performance
- Work on their own with beginners and improvers in groups and on a individual basis
- Manage the work of Level 1 and 2 Coaching Assistants
The main objective of the course is to learn how to train candidates how to:
- Coach beginners and improvers, both individuals and in groups
- Organise relevant competitions for beginners and improvers
- Understand the basics of business management
The course is 12 days broken down into 4 modules of 3 days. The breaks between modules will be 4-6 weeks to allow coaches time to undertake 27 hours of coaching experience.
During the course candidates will need to work with an LTA Licensed Coach as their mentor. This will involve the mentor helping the candidate to improve their coaching skills through work on the action plan provided by the course tutor. The mentor needs to have agreed to work with the candidate before the course begins.
Before the course candidates must:
- Hold the Level 2 Coaching Assistant certificate.
- Be LTA Accredited or have an LTA DBS less than 12 months old. Please note it may take up to 8 weeks for the DBS to be processed and you must be in receipt of the DBS upon booking.
- Have (or have had) a rating of 6.1 or an LTA Coach Readiness Test.
- Have a current HSE approved Emergency First Aid at work certificate.