LTA Level 2 – £415 (including VAT)
If you are aged 16 and over, hold a Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Tennis, and are enthusiastic about tennis, this course from UCoach will be ideal for you. The course includes tuition with LTA qualified tutors over three modules, with additional coaching experience taking place at your club.
The main objective of the course is to learn how to coach groups of beginner players on your own in a club, school or centre under the guidance of a qualified coach.
On successful completion of the Level 2 course candidates should be able to:
- Create a motivating and enjoyable environment
- Organise competition for groups of beginners
- Lead tennis activity constructively and safely with groups of beginners
- Use effective verbal and non verbal communication skills with groups of beginners
Candidates MUST have the following:
• Be LTA accredited or have a DBS through the LTA less than 12 months old before the start of the course. Applications can be made online at www.lta.org.uk/dbs
• Hold a current Ofqual Level 2 approved ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ (previously HSE Approved). Details of the First Aid Courses run by UCoach can be found under UCoach Workshops
The Level 2 course is endorsed by the UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC) and successful candidates will receive a Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Tennis, awarded by 1st4sport. UCoach Level 2 courses are delivered nationwide, see the list of courses for a venue near you.
For any candidates keen to progress to their Level 3 qualification after completing their Level 2 please note the strict pre-requisites required before booking on, as well as the LTA DBS and First Aid it is also a requirement to have a rating of 6.1 or better or a Play Test Grade 1.