LTA INSTRUCTOR (£425 including VAT)
from 1st September 2021 onwards
This enhanced five day qualification (available from 1 September 2021), is ideal for those looking to build on the coaching foundations of LTA Assistant/Level 1, enabling you to lead (not assist) in the delivery of group coaching.
Learning outcomes include:
- Develop more advanced skills in communication and organisation
- Have introductory knowledge of ‘observation and analysis’ of players
- Be able to provide general coaching advice across physical, mental, tactical, and technical domains
- Plan and deliver structured lessons from official LTA Adult and Junior coaching products e.g., Cardio Tennis, Tennis Xpress, LTA Youth
- Understand basic principles of skill acquisition, safeguarding and player development
LTA Instructors will be trained to lead group coaching at any venue. The course learning outcomes are delivered in the context of beginner and intermediate group coaching, across adults and juniors. However, the course covers basic knowledge and skills that are applicable for any age of player and any level of player. LTA instructors will typically be deployed as part of a large programme, schools out-reach initiative, leisure centres, or smaller venues that do not have an LTA Coach (Level 3) available.
Course duration and structure
There are two separate components to LTA Qualifications; Training and Assessment.
Training: The LTA Instructor course consists of five days of face to face training time, which are separated by a minimum of four weeks (to provide time for 10 hours’ work experience & course work-completion). At LTA Instructor, the five days of learning are split into core and elective days. There are four days of core training and one day of elective (coaches choose what specialisation they do for their fifth day). Core and elective training is booked (and paid for) separately.
Assessment: Final assessments are conducted during a real-life lesson of your choice, at a tennis venue of your choice. Assessments are recorded by you (using smartphone equipment) and then submitted virtually by video upload. For more details please see the Assessments page.
For optimal course quality and impact, the LTA Instructor has pre-requisites to ensure that the course demands are aligned with your existing knowledge and skills. For LTA Instructor, these are:
- A current or previous rating of 7.1 or higher OR successful completion of an Instructor Readiness Test. The Readiness Test can take upto two weeks to complete – please allow sufficient time for completion when signing up for the course.
- Hold the Level 1 Coaching Assistant, LTA Tennis Assistants, or LTA Assistant qualification
- Hold a DBS/PVG Enhanced Check with Child Barred List certificate applied for in the last 12 months through LTA/Tennis Scotland (volunteer certificates cannot be accepted).
- Candidates must fully complete five training days (core and elective) and all coursework tasks before they can book their final assessment
- Hold a valid certificate of competence in either First Aid at Work (FAW) Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW), Paediatric First Aid (PFA) or have successfully completed the OFQUAL Level 3 in First Aid prior to assessment. This is to ensure you are safe to practice upon qualifying.
How to book
- Qualification Training is booked (and paid) via UCoach.
- Qualification Assessment is booked (and paid) via the LTA