This enhanced two-day qualification is ideal for tennis parents, enthusiasts, or keen players looking for the knowledge and skills to support group coaching sessions, alongside a lead coach.
During the Level 1 Assistant coaching course you will learn:
- Communication, organisation and differentiation skills for group coaching
- Basic tactical, technical, physical and mental development frameworks
- Other key assistant skills, from safeguarding to LTA Youth delivery
As an LTA Assistant, you will be fully trained to assist a lead coach at any venue.
The course is designed so that sessions run by a lead coach can be run with higher group numbers, or a session with the same group numbers can be run with higher quality. The course learning outcomes are delivered as beginner level and 10 and under coaching. You will cover basic knowledge and skills that can be applied to any age and level of player.
Course duration and structure
The qualification is made up of two separate elements – Training and Assessment.
Training: two days of face-to-face training time, separated by a minimum of three weeks (to provide time for you to get four hours of work experience and time to complete your coursework).
Assessment: The course doesn’t require a Final Assessment because you will be continually assessed throughout.
On completion of the course, you will be trained as a Court Supervisor and you will also receive your Safeguarding Training which can be accepted as part of an LTA Coach Accreditation.
What You Will Need
Interested? Great! Our courses just have a few pre-requisites to ensure that it’s right for you. For the LTA Assistant, you will need to:
- Be 16 years old, on or before the first day of the course
- Have a signed ‘letter of deployment’ from the venue where you have your four hours of work experience organised. We will send you a copy of this with our course confirmation.
How to book
- Spaces can be booked via our website.
Reasonable adjustments are available and include any arrangements made prior to the delivery of a qualification, course, or workshop. Reasonable adjustments need to be authorised by the LTA. Please contact the Coach Development Centre at the time of booking.